Wednesday, March 07, 2007

1 loss, 1 win

Well, my Idol journey is over, I didnt make it into the top 30. But I am not too disapointed. Just getting there in the first place is an acheivement I am VERY proud of. :)

But there are still 3 Aussies in the top 30...Chris Millar, Kylie Bailey and Stephanie Lim!!! GO GIRLS!!!!! Would love to see an Aussie WIN!!!!!!
So a HUGE thanks to everyone who liked my work enough to vote for me, I really appreciate it :)

And the blow was softened by some news I got last night too. I have won a competition to be a guest designer....cant say where yet. So stay tuned, I will let you all know as soon as I can.

I cant believe that next week is the last for the 8 week challenge. How fast has that gone?! I have loved every single challenge.
This is part 1 of the challenge this week. You had to do a LO about your fave scrapping product....mine is ribbons. I really enjoyed doing this and love how it turned out
Part 2 was to use your favourite product on a LO that includes a fave photo. I love this pic of Ciara, sweet cheeks. I love the ribbon flower I created too. I used a BG washer and tied the ribbons around it. I am in LOVE with thos Crate papers, that was the last of my stash....going to have to get some more!
I have another LO to share but will wait for another day.
Have a GOOD ONE girls!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that ribbon flower looks amazing - and love that photo.

sorry to hear that you didn't make it through to the next stage with MM idol - your LO's rock.

07 March, 2007 17:22  
Blogger Megan said...

Ohhhh can't wait to see who you are being a guest DT member for Dee - how exciting!

Your ribbon flower is very creative - just wonderful.

Megan xx

07 March, 2007 19:27  
Blogger Steph said...

Hi Dee, just wanted to say congratulations on making the Top 50 and I was really sorry to not see your name on the list - I thought your layout was really beautiful. Thank you too for your well wishes :o)

07 March, 2007 22:00  
Blogger TatumW said...

Love, love, love the LO's Dee. Congratultions on the guest DT spot, can't wait to find out where. Have a good one. Tatum xx

07 March, 2007 23:33  
Blogger Sonia said...

Sorry to hear about your loss on the MMIdol, but the blow was sweetened by your guest DT spot wow thats great .

congrats on your achievements !!

Well done.

07 March, 2007 23:58  
Blogger Julie said...

love the apple chal pages Dee. I've not started mine yet.

08 March, 2007 01:16  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your work!
you are an inspiration to me i love your boy pages, your work with colour is amazing.

Thankyou for giving me a heads up that my link was not working, now it works!
guess what you left my very first comment, thankyou so much for your encouragement.

i am having difficulties photographing my lay outs at the moment any suggestions would be a great help

cheers and thanks again

Renee

08 March, 2007 12:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dee,
had a ball having you chat with us last night!!! and congrats for getting as far as you did with MM...love those lo's too! :)

10 March, 2007 09:55  
Blogger Julie said...

Congrat's on the guest designer spot Dee, & ahhh well about mmidol....but that's their loss cause I love them.
How exciting! when can u tell us?
Have a great weekend ;P
Jxx

10 March, 2007 19:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news about your winning a competition to be a guest designer. CONGRATULATIONS:)

They will be very lucky to have you. Your very talented and your creations are always beautiful.

I love that photo of Ciara and the colours you used here. Have a great week and keep smiling xxoo

11 March, 2007 12:54  
Blogger Louise said...

Hi Dee
Bugga bout MMIdol!!!
Great news about DT spot, I wouldnt be surprised if your not Guest DT at the Appleyard Soon Too ~ you deserve it your creations are glorious!
:)x

12 March, 2007 15:25  
Blogger Kelley said...

Such a bugger about MM Dee - Congrats on getting in there though!!! So awesome!!
Congrats on your mystery guest DT spot too!!
LOVE your LOs too!! Awesome work!!

13 March, 2007 22:31  
Blogger Megan W said...

congrats Dee on making it so far in idol thats an awesome achievement, cant wait to see where your designing for next have to give us good warning so we can all go and have a little sticky
Love sweet cheeks Ciara looks so cute

14 March, 2007 07:42  
Blogger Mardi said...

How exciting Dee....cant wait to see your Guest Designer spot...WoooHooo!!!
Mardi xx

15 March, 2007 08:39  
Blogger Mardi said...

...oh..and I forgot to add...I love the ribbon flower...what a gorgeous technique!

15 March, 2007 08:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home