Thursday, March 01, 2007

What a debacle!

Whenever I am involved in something, things always seem to go wrong!

They have had major problems with the Idol entries, people couldnt see the entries to vote, people were credited to the wrong layouts. So MM have decided to compleyely restart the voting on Monday. I will let you know times and stuff then.

So, I just want to apologise to any of you who made time in their day to vote for me. Thankyou so much, and please dont feel as though you have to do it again, I feel so bad about all of this.

So I am allowed to display my entry, here it is in all its glory!



Very simple, but that is me. I decided to use MM papers, not because I wanted to suck up to them, but because I work well with those colours. I am really pleased with how it turned out, especially the little journalling book. It is 4 pages all up, 3 of them turn over. I attached them with Junkitz jump rings.
This will be the same LO that will be on display when the voting re-starts.
I am at my wits end with Aodhan. He is being so naughty. And it all because he is bored I reckon. He will be soooooo ready for Kinder next year, but because he is a July baby he cant go until the year after. So I am going to be finding out about 3 year old kinder.
He is spending so much time on the naughty chair having some time out. He pulls the seat cushions off the couches in the family room, so that Ciara can climb up. Its a fairly low step with the cushions off. And she loves it, little monkey. But I am petrified she is going to fall off. So I have asked him to stop doing that......but he just keeps going back for more!
He has also started answering back. If my Mother ever read this she would laugh herself into an early grave and say its divine retribution. You see, I was quite the little cow of a kid, and it seems Aodhan is going to be as well. But I was never this cheeky at this age. So his answer to everything is "NO", in a very cheeky voice.
So if anyone has any tips on how to deal with this, PLEASE let me know! He is driving me up the wall!!!!!!!!
Ok, better go. Chelle who is the Boss lady at Scrap 'n' Crazy, where I am on the DT, has challenged us to do a 30:60:10 LO in the colours pink, brown and red. I will explain the concept when I post the LO. And the colours? I was a bit dubious at first too, but let me tell you, they DO work!!!!!!! Will get that finished and post it for you all to see.
And thanks to all of you who are comminng to www.scrapncrazy.com.au and saying hi! We are so pleased to see you there. Please come and join in, there are some great challenges, and Chelle gives some great prizes. We are having a cyber crop on the 23/24/25th of March too, so keep that weekend free! Thats going to be heaps of fun, with some fabulous prizes up for grabs!
Ok, better go, have a good one!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deirdre :)

My DD was a complete nightmare for a while and things improved out of sight once she realised just how serious I was. No matter what I said I stood my ground, if she wanted a drink of water and I didn't want her to have one, then I stood my ground, she didn't get one (silly example but you get what I mean, LOL!) She was put on the "thinking step" heaps, no threats or countdowns, if she did something wrong, straight to the step. It took about 3 weeks but finally she learnt that her tantrums, talking back etc etc weren't going to change my mind. During this time ABSOLUTELY NOTHING was negotiable. If I said No I meant it, if she didn't do what she was told first time..on the thinking step. It sounds horrible but she quickly learnt who was the boss and I am pleased to say I have very few problems with her these days. She can still be difficult at times but she knows that I am in charge IYKWIM!!

I'm not sure when your probs started but ours started after her little sister was born so I also made time for her alone and I had to keep reassuring her that I loved her just as much as her older brother and little sister.

All the best, kids huh, gotta love 'em but OMG what a job!!! LOL! Take care and remember breathe in, breathe out :D

Trish

01 March, 2007 10:30  
Blogger TatumW said...

Am having similar probs with Charlotte ATM Dee! I think she is bored too...she is an August baby so similar sort of thing. She is in her second year at kindy but was and is sooo ready for school but nothing I can do about it unfortuately because it is a brand new prep system. Trish's advice sounds pretty good....might have to give it a try myself.

I do find that counting to 3 works, even if I haven't threatened her with anything!!??..Go Figure...I really try not to use rewards because I don't think that they should expect something in return for things that they should do anyway IYKWIM?

If I do say if she doesn't do this then that won't happen I make sure it isn't something that will ultimately put more stress on me. Not letting her watch playschool works really well ATM because she loves it so much.

Don't you just wish you could get inside their heads and understand why when you ask them to pick up their toys they refuse to do it!!

Your MM Idol entry looks fantastic! I tried to vote without much success..so Monday's the day!

Have a great weekend. Tatum xx

01 March, 2007 23:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Thought I would pop in and say CONGRATS for the MM idol comp...love your scrapping!!!
Good Luck..
:)

02 March, 2007 17:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dee, I'm having a similar problem with my DS... 3 in May. He's been to the naughty seat many many times this week... he keeps wanting to hit me. I've no idea where he got it from, it's not something he's ever done. Today I spent hours playing with him and that helped... but I can't do that everyday, I'd never get ANYTHING done. And yep, 3 year old preschool sounds good! :) Tash

02 March, 2007 22:58  
Blogger Mardi said...

Hi Dee... Love your MM Idol layout...it is simply perfectly gorgeous..and a true representation of your style....just beautiful!!

...Im sorry I have no suggestions on Aodhan (although Trish's method sounds spot on to me)...but I can swap him for an 17yo if you wish??...

Thanks also for the disc!!! ...it is fabulous...and I havent played yet....I need to offload some files first.....but I am thrilled!!...you are an absolute gem!
Mardi x

....

03 March, 2007 10:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the title and first sentance. I almost thought you were talking about me! LOL. Your layouts are great...glad to be part of the Top 50 with you.

03 March, 2007 11:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home