Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Decisions, decisions!

I got a phone call from the endoscopy clinic where I worked after I had Aodhan yesterday afternoon. They may have a shift for me shortly. One 5 hour shift per week, same day each week. Sounds perfect doesn't it? Child care is my fist priority. My Mother in law looked after Aodhan for the 2 days that I did work, but she had said that it would be too much looking after 2. So I was starting to think about my options and decided I would ring the council about family day care. After speaking to them, my MIL rang! I told her what was going on, and she said she would love to have them. I would drop them off and Glenn would pick them up. So if this does happen, that will be great, I will not worry about them. They will be well looked after. And if it does happen, we will have an extra $500 a month in our pockets. That will be nice.


So now I just wait and see what happens. I'm in two minds. I would like to start getting my hands dirty again, dealing with all those medical problems that always seem to happen on my shift. Just call me nurse death. But I dont know if its the right thing to do kidlet wise. I have a feeling it is, will be good for both of them to have different toys and scenery. Just have to convince myself.


So I may be going back to work. And while one 5 hour shift doesnt sound like much, its hard work. I dont sit down, am constantly watching my patients, and will be exhausted. But I think it may be a good exhaustion. I think I need the adult interaction too. And to use my brain.

Ok, enough about that!


Here is a LO I finished this morning. It is for week 3 of the scrapapple 8 week challenge. I am a bit iffy with this one. Just dont know. A shocking pic of the LO as usual, but it was really hard scrapping an inamimate object. You see the brief was red, but NO people! Oh well, its done and thats that!


So thats all that has been going on. Ciara is still pretty miserable, a smidge better this am. Glenn has hurt his back doing weights, silly boy! Have a good one girls!

10 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Hi Dee!

your Elmo layout is gorgeous...I've never scrapped a non-person page, but I can imagine it wouldn't be easy! You've done a great job :-)

Good luck with making the decision regarding the job. Funny how your MIL rang while you were trying to organise daycare....maybe the universe is trying to tell you something!

Megan xx

07 February, 2007 12:52  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh I love your melmo page too. Looks great. My red page is about half done.

Hope all goes well with the job issue. I am sure it will all work out for the best.

07 February, 2007 15:55  
Blogger jilly said...

Do It Dee! It sounds perfect (working that is!). Five hours is just enough for a little "sanity" time!
BTW, your elmo (and ALL your work) RAWKS!
xxJillGG

07 February, 2007 18:03  
Blogger BecF said...

Hi Dee :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog hun and thanks so much for making me laugh!!

I hope this job and MIL childcare does go ahead, would be fantastic for you to have an extra $500 a month!!

Take care hun!!

Love n Hugz
Bec

07 February, 2007 20:51  
Blogger BecF said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

07 February, 2007 20:51  
Blogger Petrina McDonald said...

The work gig sounds just perfect mate - go for it! You will feel better for it and so will your kids for sure. All the best with it Dee!
Petrina xx

08 February, 2007 08:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEE DO NOT PUBLISH ANY COMMENTS TO YOUR BLOG BY A DAVE RICHARDS!!!!!!!! he leaves a link that makes multiple windows open and may compromise your computer.
..............................

I love the Elmo LO..that is just too cute :)
Also 5 hours a week would be great for both you and your kids + the extra $500 a month sounds pretty good too ;)
Your kids get a change of scenery, different toys to play with, a dotting Nanna with kisses and cuddles and you also get out of the house and have a change of scenery too. I say go for it :)
Take care
Tammy

08 February, 2007 11:19  
Blogger TatumW said...

The 1 shift a week sounds great Dee!

Love the Elmo page!

Have a great weekend.

Tatum xx

08 February, 2007 20:29  
Blogger Megan W said...

Love your page Dee looks awesome, gonna have to try this myself, non people pages are always a little difficult.
Good Luck with your decision for going back to work , your kids will be fine and most likly thrive on the different environment, as will you with a bit of sanity for the week LOL

09 February, 2007 07:04  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Dee,
Oh if you are able to give your kids a change of scenery for just 5 hours a week that would be a nice experience for them. I also believe that this helps kids to get a sense of security as they learn that sometimes Mum and Dad leave them but they Always come back for them too! If you want adult interaction go for it, it can only benefit all of you and the little bit of extra cash would be nice I'm sure ; )

09 February, 2007 09:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home