Thursday, January 11, 2007

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

I was chatting (OK, whinging to Sharryn about how I suck and no-one likes my work, and she was yelling at me telling me thats crap, LOL) to Sharryn about her recent acceptances, and just happened to check my email. What a huge suprise it was to open it up and find an acceptance email from for keeps! I am stoked! And its a LO that I love, so that makes it even better!

And it has spurred me on. I was getting a little disillusioned with my style, that OK everyone likes it, I LOVE it, but why dont the experts? ( And Sharryns going to yell at me again for saying that). I dont care, I LOVE my work, but I was getting a little down about it, and was going to start trying different things. So, now I feel vindicated, that its OK to scrap my smple little way! (not that it wasn't OK, OH GOD Sharryns going to yell at me again)

Nothing much has been happening here. It was really windy last night, so much so that we had to take down the shade gazebo thingy we had only just put up. It was tied to the rail of the deck and a gutter, and the table, and the legs were screwed into the deck, but it was still lifting off. Just what I wanted to be doing at 11:30 pm last night....not LOL!

We have a creek behind us. Well the creek is dry, but we have a pool of water. There had been a sewerage blockage somewhere in the estate over the other side of the creek, and they were unblocking it. Anyway, something exploded, and the creek was running......with sewerage. Neighbourhood kids go to the pool to catch yabbies, had been there through the day. NO ONE had been informed that there was RAW sewerage in the pool of water. A man over the other dise, whose boy yabbies down there went troppo at the suck up poo guys. We rang the council and water dept. And I think they got into trouble, whichever one was not doing the right thing. GOOD! Could have been my kids playing down there, well no not really, cos I wouldnt let them down there by themselves anyway. It was a bit smelly though.


Quick LO share. This one is the second Elsie Flannigan challenge over at the boxx. You had to use the same word a few times in your journalling. I like it, and I got a chance to use my ribbons from ribbonsgalore.com.au, yummy aren't they?
And thats all, boring hey? Have a good one and try to stay cool!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations on your acceptance - that is awesome news!!!!

12 January, 2007 07:12  
Blogger Julie said...

I can hear Shaz yelling at you from out here.LOL Your work is Great D. Congrats on the mag pub.

12 January, 2007 11:56  
Blogger Julie said...

TOLD U BEFORE GIRLY u HAVE TALENT!!!!!

Love the look on Aodhan's face in that lo!
ewww about the sewrage.

....& stay cool?....yeh 41 one day 35 the next...lol
Jxx

13 January, 2007 15:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deirdre. Congrats for your layout acceptance. I love the layout with our ribbons on it too, just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it. Cheers Fiona

13 January, 2007 16:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Congrats on the FK acceptance!! Yahooie!! PMSLOL, How fantastic. You must be so pleased (ok me next, ok!!)
Yukko about the seweage. How disgusting is that.
I love your EF challenge entry this week. Stunning matey.
As for doodling. Well I decided that I suck at that too LOL! LOL! The last two LO's i've done, I have doodled on them and then I hate it (DOH!)

Take care
Tammy

15 January, 2007 14:22  
Blogger jilly said...

Woo Hoo Dee! Congrats girl - your work absolutely ROCKS!

xxJill

15 January, 2007 17:45  
Blogger Lisa said...

woo hoo congrats on the acceptance!! You know, I much prefer YOUR style over the trendy cluttered style these days. Hopefully it wont be long before the "simple" style gets back in fashion and I can enjoy the mags again!!! :)

23 January, 2007 14:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home