Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Crap, crap, crap

It has been. Ciara is still not sleeping and I am exhausted. Thankyou all so much for your suggestions. I have absolutely no problem with controlled crying, and would do it, but cant cos she is so bloody loud. She doesnt cry, she screams.She has woken Aodhan up and its getting really hard to stay controlled. I sit there and think that I shouldnt be feeding her at 3 or 4 am, but she just screams the house down. So I am going to have to suffer for a few more weeks, and when the school holidays arrive, Glenn and Aodhan are going to have a sleep over for a few nights at my Mum's, and she can scream all night if thats what it takes.

So it has been pretty terrible here, because not only is she waking up and screaming at night, but she will scream and squeal most of the day. I put her down on the floor to crawl around and play, and she will sit for 1 min, and then start squealing, wanting constant attention. I am getting nothing done. Glenn cracked it big time over the weekend, because he couldnt do anything HE wanted to, because I had to do about 8 loads of washing, vacum, mop, toliets etc. I lost it. Told him to just go and find something to do, get out of my sight before I knackered him. And then he had the cheek to comment on the fact that at 8pm that night I sat up in bed reading for half an hour. He just doesnt get it, no idea.

I am sure it has alot to do with teething, she has none yet, and I am sure they are trying to come through. So hopefully they cut soon and she will become a nicer little baby.

Nothing else has been happening, 1. I havent got the time for anything else, and 2. havent got the energy. I soooo want to scrap, but I know if I do the pics I have, I am going to do them crap, cos thats what I feel like.

Sorry about the depressing post peoples, but thats how I feel.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O Dee ya poor chook :( I can so totally relate to your situation. It's so hard to stay in control when you are sleep deprived! Is Ciara having an afternoon nap? If so is she sleeping ok then? Are you doing anything different with afternoon nap and nightime? You could try reading her a book at night. Maybe offer her water during the night instead of milk?? What about panadol?Are you giving her panadol and if so does it make a difference? If not then it probably isn't a pain/teeth thing but something she has just discovered she can do!
Good luck Dee. I'll be thinking of you. If you can get a nanna nap in during the day then do it ;) As for DH not being able to do what he wanted PHEWY!!! to him and no I don't think the "get it" My DH wants to do the horizontal mumbo and doesn't get the fact that I'm exhausted and complains that I can and scrapbook! Well yeah that doesn't involve quite the same physical activity that I just don't have any energy left for...especially when I know that I will be getting up 2/3 times during the night to Conner. When I go to bed it's to SLEEP!!!! PMSLOL
Take care
Tammy

05 December, 2006 10:26  
Blogger Julie said...

Firstly don't feel bad about it being a depressive post...we all have them & it's a help to get it all out on here.
Yeh see if panadol works(yes I know u probably don't want to) but it may give her the kick in the pants to settle & have a few nights sleep & hopefully it may get her back to some sort of sleep pattern. I like everyone have done that before & it sucks BIG time!!!
*Michall had asthma not long after I had Zahlee & I was up feeding her & then up with Michall this was for over a week everynight...in the end I begged the DR for something to sleep for him...mind u they couldn't because it was a breathing thing but he then went into hospital & was right the next 1-2 days. Not much help in the mean time I know.
Glenn didn't help either!

The definition of being a parent...
"The ability to function on 30 min's sleep in n e 24 hr period".

Do have a nanna nap....u need to until ur able to do the whole crying thing!
Good luck Hope she does settle...& remember u can give me advice when I'm @ my witt's end with my next one.
Jxx

05 December, 2006 11:37  
Blogger Julie said...

Big hugs coming your way Missy. Not much help with the advice here. Was going to suggest offering her water durring the night and nothing else and she prob will stop waking up for it but Tam beat me to it.

My only suggestion would be to sleep when ever she does and if it means putting a dvd on for your little man and you laying on the couch with him next to you do it.

Chin up Chick.

06 December, 2006 01:19  
Blogger BecF said...

Awws Dee..thats awful hun! I hope something good happens soon (like teeth come through) and things can go back to normal.

Like Julie said, sleep when you can hun. Wish I could be of more help!!! Try n take care

Love n Hugz
Bec

06 December, 2006 21:06  
Blogger Sharryn Thomson said...

What can I say mate? She'll settle again when she's ready or when the teeth come through if thats her problem God bless the little darlin'. I can only imagine how painful it must be for babies when they're teething. Even as adults there is nothing worse than a toothache or earache.
I also know what it's like to be sleep deprived and can only sympathise with you there.
It will only get better.
Cheers
Sharryn :)

06 December, 2006 22:15  
Anonymous Chimney Cleaning Delano said...

Hello mmate great blog

09 November, 2022 07:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home