Tuesday, November 21, 2006

WELL!!!

I must say, I do not want a repeat of the last week....EVER! I think the bug may have moved on to another house now....not a moment too soon. I think the vomit smell has permeated through my nostrils, I smell it everywhere. There can not possibly be a trace of vomit in this house. Everything has been washed....numerous times...I have been through an industrial sized bottle of dettol....and I can still smell it.

Aodhan was really unwell on saturday. I was about 20 seconds off taking him to the hospital as he hadn't drunk anything all day, when he perked up and started drinking. It was terrible. All my worst nightmares all at once. He was so lethargic, his eyes were sunken and he was just lolling around. Then he started talking to people who weren't there. He was having a full on conversation with Pa....scared the crap out of me. So I said to Glenn, "Right, if he doesnt drink within the next 10 mins he needs to go to hosp." I sat down and tried to explain to him that if he didnt have a drink, Mummy would have to take him to see the doctor. He hates the doctor. So whether that did it, or the cramps (more about that later). So he was fine on sunday, just a few runny nappies.

Ciara vomited a couple of times on Saturday too. But she got off really mildly. And coped really well, little trooper! She was squealing, must have had the abdo cramps as well.

Me? Well, I thought I had escaped. But no. Woke up at 3am Sunday feeling very ill, but told myself I didnt, and tried to go back to sleep. Ciara woke up at 5:30am, and I told Glenn he would have to go feed her as I was not well. While he wasfeeding her I started vomiting. I then spent the next 5 hours stuck on the toilet with my head in a bucket. Not nice. A few years ago I ended up in hospital after having gastro for just 7 hours. I was having muscle cramps and cardiac arrythmias. I must dehydrate really quickly. So at 11:30 am when my legs started cramping, I thought, bugger this I am not hanging around for it to get worse and toddled off to hospital for some fluids. So instead of having to stay overnight, I was able to get home 4 hours later.

But I know now why Aodhan didnt want to put anything into his tummy and Ciara was squealing. The abdo cramps were just shocking. It felt like I was in labour again. So if they had even just a slight ammount of that pain in their little tummies, I can well see why they were in a bad mood. Poor darlings.

But there has been no sign of vomit today! YAY!!! hopefully we will get back to normal now.

Its about 34 degrees today, and hopefully we can go for a swim later! I am hanging....so is Aodhan, he keeps looking up at me really hopefully saying..."swim now Mummy?" I cant take them in when I'm by myself though. Well I could, because Ciara floats in the floater thingy, but Aodhan is a dare devil, and I'm too scared. I would rather have two adults around. Better safe than sorry hey?

I have just signed up to be a mystery shopper. I will go around to whereever they send me, evaluate the shop and service and get paid for it. Not much, but you dont have to declare it, so thats good. And its easy, you just go and do some shopping....LOL! How hard could that be? Will let you know how my first job goes. And if it keeps me in yummy new scrap supplies, whats 1 hour a week hey?

I spent a couple of hours in the chatroom at the boxx on friday night, what a pisser. would love to go there more often, but with Ciara waking up at night again, I really cant handle it, or maybe I'm just getting old? I also hope that all the crap thats been happening sorts itself out too. People are being hurt for no reason, and its just got to stop.

Before I go, I had better wish my gorgeous husband a VERY HAPPY 33RD BIRTHDAY! Love ya darl.
Ok, so I think thats all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He Dee,
Sounds like the Gastor bug is travelling around quite a bit hey! I am glad to hear that your all on the mend again now...and yes I remember those tummy, gripe pains too. Very painful and must be worse for the kids too I reckon :(
As for the pool can you put Aodhan in a floaty chair thingy too?
Happy Birthday to your DH!
Cheers
Tammy

21 November, 2006 13:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man you got it bad didn't you. Glad you're all on the mend now. Bugger about the pool - but I don't blame you cause I wouldn't risk it either. Take it easy, Chrissy xxx

22 November, 2006 14:40  
Blogger Sharryn Thomson said...

Hope you are all feeling a little better by the time this gets to you.
I know what you mean about that vomit smell too mate...you just can't seem to get rid of it can you? Gross!! I can almost smell it through the 'puter!! LOL
I'd take 2 in the pool without too much of a drama. Just make sure you've got floatie things around Aodhans arms in case he's a bit of a daredevil and make sure Ciara is secure in case Aodhan take a dive and keep them both in the same area. Even anchor Ciaras floaty chait to the side of the pool that way you kow she's not going anywhere.
Cheers
Sharryn
xxx

23 November, 2006 17:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home