Sunday, November 12, 2006

Journey over





















Well, I found out this morning that my DT comp journey is over. I didnt make it through to round 5. And its strange, but I'm not really very upset, and I think thats because I never expected to get as far as I did. While I am disapointed, it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off me. My eye has stopped twitching! So maybe I was ready, and if that is the case, I'm glad I didnt get through cos I hate not living up to peoples expectations. And I am quite sure there will be more opportunities out there. So thats my entry LO on the right up there, I was inspired by a cushion that had those patterns on it. I love it, I think its really pretty.

The other LO is one I did yesterday afternoon. Another one that only took 2 hours. I was soooo sick of using stars on Aodhan's pages, I just had to think of something else....so circles it is! And I really like that one too. Has a modern feel, all that space and the lines of it. Minimalist.

And I must add that I have been totally BLOWN AWAY by the respone to the eyes of blue LO that I posted at scrapboxx the other day. For a LO that took 2 hours to creat, quite a number of people seem to like it. And that makes me happy, because I LOVE it too. I think it has now become my fave LO. And I would be willing to bet it doesnt get picked up for publication though. I am sure they see my name on the email and dont even look. Buy you never know, all that counts is that I like it. I just really wanted to get a LO of one of the kids in a mag, so they can be a star, and they can take it for show and tell etc! Will wait and see.

Well I need to go and do some grocery shopping, and then we are off to see my Dad's side of the family for the Treloar Christmas BBQ. We aren't all that close, but get along OK. And some of them are ferral. Included are:- 2 heroin addicts, one single mum with 4, well three cos one has been taken off her, all diff dads, she started when she was 16. Lets just say that I was the first on that side of the family to finish high school, get a uni degree, and be married before I had kids. Not that theres anything wrong with being a single Mum, I admire them and think that sometimes they are better off, but not these ones. 4 kids, but about 8 STOP's, heroin use and alcohol use while preg and post preg, one cousin is 2 years older than me, and she has been so ravaged by drugs that she looks 45....no joke. poster child for why NOT to do drugs. So will let you all know how that goes and the ferralness.

Last night we went up to the festival. It was fun. Glenn took Aodhan on the BIG slide, and he loved it, the look on his face was priceless...pics to follow, LOL! and I took him on the dodgem cars....I think he was a little scared, but still loved it! So that was fun. Ok, better get going, catch up soon!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Sorry to see that you didn't make it through the DT comp. :-( I loved all you entries and thought they where very inspirational. I love this one too...yummy!! Looks like you had fun at the festival and I look forward to the piccies. Have fun at your family BBQ today... :P
Cheers
Tammy

12 November, 2006 10:59  
Blogger Julie said...

Ohhh De, sorry to hear u didn't get through to the next round! I definetly believe something's only just around the corner for u with these awsome lo's ur designing!
Glad that the abcess is going, hopefully it'll stay away too.
Yeh, u r pretty stupid De!!!! U should know betta!(re:pap smears/breast checks)....still love ya but!
Hope the feral's went well!...lol
Take care of ur self!
Jxx

12 November, 2006 19:42  
Blogger Mardi said...

Ohh Dee....Im sorry you didnt get through to the next round...your work has been of an awesome standard...and these two layouts are proof of that ....stunning!!
Make sure you submit!!!Mardi x

14 November, 2006 11:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your pages Dee. You blue eye one is gorgeous.

15 November, 2006 13:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home