Wednesday, November 29, 2006

OMG she's crawling!!!!!

I cant believe it. Just a few minutes ago Ciara crawled forwards for the first time. She has been going backwards and commando crawling for a couple of weeks, but now she is on the go! Aodhan didnt crawl till he was 9 1/2 months, but he crawled, pulled himself up to stand, walked around furniture and walked all within a few weeks. Scary, now I'm going to have to chase her around.


But hopefully it tires her out a bit more. Thats why I have been missing for a couple of days. I have averaged about 3 hours sleep a night for the last 3. She has been waking up every hour or two. Has been very hard. So hopefully this helps her to sleep.


And if anyone has any ideas how I can get her sleeping properly again, I would love to hear them. How can a baby go from sleeping 12 solid hours to waking up every hour. I have tried everything, massage, keeping her awake longer. I know she's not too cold or too hot in bed, her room is dark with an orange plug in night light. I just dont know. So any ideas, send em my way!


I am teaching the first class at Glenn's school on friday. I am really looking forward to it. But I am finding it really hard to scrap on a budget. Because the kids have only paid $3 each, I am really limited as to what we can use. I will be cutting lots of flowers out with my sizzix in the next couple of days I think.


Well I'm off to cut and try to create!But I will leave you with a LO I created the other day. Really quick and simple, just a couple of lengths of ribbon really, but I like it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Whooo hooo, there's no stopping her now Dee. She's gonna keep ya on her toes!
Hope she can start sleeping a bit betta for ya & u have tried everything that I would've suggested...ecept maybe the "control crying"....but each to their own on that subject.
Hope the class goes well.
Love that lo of Ciara, I saw it the other day @ the boxx...I need to start commenting again on the boxx lo's...totally slack!
Jxx

29 November, 2006 16:26  
Blogger Sharryn Thomson said...

Wow Dee...thats unbelievable? How old is she now? 5-6 months if that?
You go girl...LOL Keep your mummy on her toes!!
I LOVE that last LO you've done of Ciara...simple but just perfect.
I'm sorry I can't help with the sleep patterns but I'm hoping that she settles now shes getting around more.
Take care
Shaz
xxx

29 November, 2006 19:42  
Blogger Julie said...

Sounds like you need to get your running shoes out now Dee that Ciara is crawling.

I do hope that she settles back into her sleeping routine again. The only other thing I could suggest would be the controlled crying like Julie suggested. I does work over a period of time but it is hard to do and some people can't just sit and listen the their little ones cry for longer than they have too.

29 November, 2006 22:42  
Blogger Mardi said...

Hi Dee....SO SORRRY..Ive been missing .... got a tad snowed under with things.... so Ive had a huge catch up on your news today....so here goes....Bummer about the V&D lasting soooo long...that must have been terrible for you. Love your gorgeous layouts..... talk again very soon..
Mardi xx

30 November, 2006 14:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dee. Wow about Ciara crawling. They are so cute going backwards but it's the going forwards that keeps you busy LOL!! As for getting her to sleep?! Hmmm it's tough. My DD only started to sleep al night at about 4 1/2 and DS still doesn't! grrrrrrr!!!
Does she have a snuggly (blanket or soft toy) maybe see if you can find one that she likes to comfort. Ummmm...you can also try the controlled comforting. Settle her into bed and stay in the room until she is asleep. Each night sit a bit further away from the cot until eventually you can leave the room. Other than that...try hanging a sheet over the side of the cot so she can't see you and put your hand through and pat her back to sleep. The idea is they don't see or hear you but are still comforted. I tried all these things plus heaps of others but you have to do what's best for you both in the end *sigh* Last step I would suggest is the controlled crying but they don't recommend it for babies under 6mths or 9mths can't remember. Have you tried putting sedagel on her gums? Is she teething? Is she hungry or thirsty?
It's so hard matey I know! Chin up though it doesn't last forever :)
Cheers
Tammy

03 December, 2006 13:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home