Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Am I mad?????

The Vice Principal at Glenn's school has just asked me if I would like to go there of a Friday arvo and teach some of the grade 5/6 girls scrapbooking. While I think thats fab, now I am starting to think I was a little mad to accept. I have no idea what supplies I am going to have to get, but its probably going to have to be cheap stuff. Its a low economic area, and the school cant afford to buy heaps of stuff too. So it will be good to help create excellent LO's for not much money. I have heaps of PP that I bought when I first started scrapping, that I am never going to use, so thats sorted, but I am also going to need flowers, and ribbon, and chipboard letters. They are goig to have to be pre-cut. And I am sure Bella have brought out some, did I see them at the reject shop. I think I did, cos thats where I got the 12x12 sheets of 2mm thick CB. And they were like $3. Go grab a bargain from the reject shop girls.

Can anyone else think of anything I may need? Its going to be in the art room, so tools may not be a problem, but if I want to teach them to use eyelets etc, I will need to bring mine, but thats OK.

Should I get them to do it as gifts for their parents? or friends? Heaps to think about!

Each class will be for an hour and a half, how many sessions should I do? Oh god, I'm off to think!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mardi said...

Oohhh Deidre....wonderful news... perhaps an OTP item wouldnt need so many chipboard alphabets.... the freebe DVD with one of the recent mags...had wonderful templates in it...to make mini albums ect .... Oh...let us know what you come up with...
Mardi x

08 November, 2006 22:19  
Blogger Julie said...

Sounds like fun Dee. Hope it all goes well. Love Mardi's idea about an OTP. Maybe a door hanger for their room.

09 November, 2006 01:24  
Blogger Sharryn Thomson said...

Good for you Dee...it'll be something different for you...although it's probably not what you need right now..LOL
Mardis ideas are great. I know that ages ago Go-Lo sold these flowers that could be pulled apart to get about 4-5 off the 1.
Maybe make your own alphas from PP instead of bought ones.
Good luck
Sharryn :)

09 November, 2006 11:12  
Blogger Julie said...

That's fantastic news De!
I like the door hanger idea! & it's cheap! Maybe Sharryn's idea with the alpha's would be the way to go....cost effective.
Have fun!
Jxx

09 November, 2006 12:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds challenging but great fun too. I like the door hanger idea as well. Cheap as chips have heaps of knick knack thingies for scrapbooking. You can get a bunch of flowers from Spotlights, in differnet colours too, for about 3 bucks and you can get about 30 flowers off of the stems. The flowers just pull off and then you need to pull out the plastic centers that just clip together IYKWIM...ummmm...you might be able to get some el cheapo ribbons from spotlights too. If it's being done in the art room then they should have plenty of scissors and glue, maybe you could take your paper trimmer if you have one?? ummm thinking, thinking?! Maybe you could do some chrissy cards? Or some kind of OTP project that they can give as christmas presents (but can't think of what ATM)

Yep I would just cruise around the cheap shops and spotlights and look for bargains....after all they won't be interested if it's the latest product or not *smile*

Good luck and let us know how you go with it!

Cheers
Tammy

09 November, 2006 15:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home