Saturday, October 21, 2006

look what I did!!!


how cool do these look? been playing around in PS7 after I discovered an article in SC #31 (vol 5 no 4), that tells you how to remove the background step by step. I have had this mag for ages, and it just goes to show how much attention I pay to the articles, cos I have heaps of pics I have wanted to do this to. I think they look great, and I am very pleased. So you can probably guess what I am going to be doing later on....yup scrapping! But I may also go to the scrap shop and ask her if she would be interested in me teaching some classes. I did go last weekend, but she wasnt there, just one of her friends, who did comment on my work, but I need ot from the horses mouth.

Now, I dont want to be controversial here, but I stumbled across a post on Ngaire Bartlams blog and it was real food for thought. She has said how the covers of our scrapping mags are just terrible.....nothing that amazes her, nothing special. and I must say that I agree. But I also think that alot of the layouts are nothing spec either. I know its a very personal thing, and there are some extremely talented scrappers out there, but I dont really go to the mags for inspiration anymore, but to the galleries online. I just dont understand how the mags can pass up some of this amazing work, and instead print very basic, very blah work.
does anyone agree, or do you all think I am a horrible person? I look at my work sometimes and think "thats crap!", but why is substandard work being published? I'm not saying this because I cant get anything published, but I just cant figure it out.

please dont hate me, I do think that the majority of the wrk published is amazing, but there is some that isnt. Do they not get enough work sent in for the themes? anyway, thats my rant.

hope everyone is having a relaxing saturday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Well who's a clever little chickie hey?....Love what u've done with the photo's De.
Good to see u had some fun with the relies & hope ur nana's o.k with the surprise too.
I feel the same about the mag's....I look more @ the articles...(lol sounds like a man's excuse hey!) more than the galleries; Haven't been published either but am beginning to wonder what all the fuss is about being published if they only publish certain types of scrappers works/styles...IYKWIM?....well probably not.lol & to whether I should be bothering to pay for them?
N e how have a great weekend :)
Jxx

21 October, 2006 15:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home