Tuesday, January 02, 2007

BIG DAY

Well, we have had a HUGE day. At 8:30 am we decided to take the kids to the beach. So we got everything all packed up and left right on Ciara's sleep time. She slept all the way there.

We didnt last very long at the beach, Ciara got grumpy and wanted her bottle (how, after the big meal of sand she had, I dont know ;) ). But we were there long enough to bury Daddy, build some castles, and go for a quick swim.

Aodhan LOVED the waves. We were at Torquay surf beach, and it was just perfect. Not a breath of wind, so tiny little shorebreakers. Got some really cool pics.

This is my fave. Have just printed it out in A4, and I am going to scrap it....of course!
So after the beach we went and had some fish and chips for lunch, then went for a wander around the shops. Then it was time to come home, Ciara slept all the way, and Aodhan had a little snooze too.
In other news, for the last couple of nights we have been doing controlled comforting with Ciara. You let her cry for 2 mins, then settle for 2 mins, the cry for 4 mins, settle for 4, cry for 6, settle for 6, 8, then 10. We have had to go to 6 mins, and then she has settled......and we hear nothing from her until 6:30am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it appears to be working. We had both just had enough. I was existing on about 4-6 hrs/night, we were getting to the point where it was going to be divorce court. So I put my foot down ad said we have to do something. So we did. And so far so good!


And now for my DT layouts. This one was using sandylion papers, and the play was cut with the craft robo.
This one was also using sandylion papers, and the title was cut with the craft robo. Gin x rub ons and some ribbon.


And this last has a bit of glitter on the brads, and some hand stitching. Some bazzill blossums, the flowers were cut with the craft robo. My handwriting sucks, I am sooooo regretting writing on it, because it looks terrible and I have to send the LO's for display at One Stop Scrapping. Will I never learn?

Well, I am off to get the sand out of everything, LOL! Have a good one and see you soon!

8 Comments:

Blogger BecF said...

Dee!!!!!! I finally remembered to add your blog to my blogspot thingie!!! Aren't I clever! PMSL

Happy New Year hun!! Was great getting to know you in 2006 and now bring on the mischief in 2007!!! :-)

Beautiful layouts by the way.. have been having a good old sticky beak!

Take care!
Love n Hugz
Bec

02 January, 2007 19:23  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Dee,
We had our first conversation her with 'controlled' in it regarding our little ones sleep. His problem is getting to sleep, once those eyes are shut we are usually OK for at least a few hours.
Hmmmmm.
Hope it all works out for you guys.

02 January, 2007 19:59  
Blogger Julie said...

Love the pages Dee.

Hope the controlled crying keeps on working.

02 January, 2007 21:07  
Blogger Sam said...

I love your LO's ... I think your writing is fine :-) but then I hate my writing too LOL

Hope the controlled comforting continues to get better :)

02 January, 2007 22:47  
Blogger Mardi said...

Dee...I absolutley adore your layouts...they are simply stunning girl!!

I just had a thought when you mentioned regretting writing on your layout...Ive done that before too...and ended up journalling on the computer and cutting it into strips to cover over my writing...just a thought.
But...in all honesty...I think your writing looks fab.
Mardi x

02 January, 2007 23:01  
Blogger gailw said...

Love that photo of your dear one with tongue on the glass window/door. How precious is that photo.

Hope the controlled crying works too. Having 'not enuf' sleep is what will kill any mother.

Take care Dee

03 January, 2007 17:14  
Blogger Julie said...

Glad to hear it's working so far....Hope it continues!
Beach trip sounds beaut. We were wanting to go too but u know...thought we betta not.
Fantab lo's! So love that squished face on the glass!
& ur HW is fine!
Jxx

04 January, 2007 14:50  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Dee,
Thanks so much for sharing your success with Controlled comforting it gave me the confidance to take the step as well and we have had an amazing turnaround.

06 January, 2007 12:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home